Location: Leicester, LE4 5LQ
Salary: £45-50k per annum
Hours: 37.5 Per Week
PURPOSE OF ROLE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to lead a neighbourhood management team in Leicester. You will have overall responsibility for delivering the contract specification on behalf of Pinnacle, delivering Housing services on behalf of two housing cooperatives within a predominantly Gujarati speaking community. Services include, but not limited to: general tenancy management, dealing with anti-social behaviour, undertaking estate inspections, operating a frontline reception service, void management, income recovery support, repairs and maintenance, tenancy checks and fraud investigations.
To deliver a full range of housing and related services and take full responsibility for the quality, responsiveness and financial performance of the contract, ensuring that the service is continuously improved, and the specification met and exceeded.
- Manage service to minimise cost by identifying savings and value for money initiatives.
- Ensure good financial control of contract budget.
Service delivery and development
- Develop approaches, systems and practices which ensure the service meets the contract specification – take action and develop initiatives to solve problems and beat the specification at every opportunity.
- Ensure that equality is a key consideration and that the concept of equality is fully integrated into practices and procedures relating to service delivery.
- Ultimate responsibility for the health and safety of all staff, visitors and contractors to your site(s).
Client and resident relationships
- Develop effective relationships with the cooperative boards, residents, and contractors to identify ways service can be improved and extended.
- Develop a visible and proactive management style, maximising tenant involvement – attend Board Meetings and sub-committees as required (usually evenings).
- Market Pinnacle within the contract area, promoting its reputation for quality services, and exploring possibilities for additional work through providing associated services.
- To have a regular, productive dialogue with the client at the appropriate level to ensure that problem/concerns are addressed promptly and escalated when required. To gain the confidence of the client and to ensure they have a positive opinion of the services that we provide.
- Manage service to minimise cost and maximise income, identifying savings and opportunities to increase earnings.
- Ensure that effective accounts practices and monitoring systems are used to achieve good financial control.
- Ensuring salary, vehicles, materials, working capital costs are accurately recorded and posted.
- Notifying and justifying any large variations to the monthly budget template.
- Overseeing the financial management of the cooperatives accounts.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
Repairs and Maintenance
- Liaising with the central team to ensure an effective Repairs and Maintenance service including Planned Maintenance and Major Works programmes.
- Contractor management.
- Lead the development of staff in the team to ensure the highest standards of customer service.
- Effective management of the performance of staff, monitoring progress against individual objectives through Development Reviews.
- Responsible for ensuring all staff are trained to carry out their jobs effectively – Foster climate of involvement with regular team meetings.
- Managing and developing a team of housing managers to meet and/or exceed the contract specification and performance targets.
- To develop effective relationships with residents, the Client, and other stakeholders. To frequently meet stakeholders on an informal as well as formal basis. Attend meetings as required (usually evenings).
- To work with residents, council departments and other agencies to develop initiatives to enhance the areas/estates managed by the housing team and improve customer satisfaction.
- To respond effectively to all correspondence.
- To investigate and respond effectively to complaints.
- To ensure the effective management of the team’s anti-social behaviour cases, including liaison with other agencies.
- To be the contract’s champion in responding to cases of domestic violence.
- To process tenancy queries, succession, and assignment applications in line with coop’s policies/statutory guidelines.
- Other miscellaneous tasks/projects as defined by the Head of Service.
- Well developed leadership skills and team working.
- Experience of managing a housing management team.
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of housing legislation and current practice.
- Experience of developing/contributing to community initiatives.
- Willingness to attend evening meetings.
- Experience in using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Desirable – housing qualification, CIH or similar.
If you feel you would be able to contribute positively to the Contract, please apply with an up-to-date CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 7 December 2018.