Location: Holborn, London (with occasional travel)
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £37,000 – £45,000 per annum
Managing the brand and reputation of a unique group of companies, you will be responsible for leading a revolution in the way we communicate with our staff and stakeholders.
Your vital role
Recently acquired by new shareholders, we are growing and evolving at rapid pace. As the Communications and Marketing Manager, you’ll enjoy a highly visible role, shaping internal and external communications and marketing strategies both for the Group and our companies. Your strategies will support a broad range of goals – from promoting products, services, success stories and milestones through to values-based internal communication to more than 2,000 colleagues across the country. Along the way, you’ll lead and inspire a small team skilled in marketing communications, event management and design to perform at their very best. Colleagues across the Group will rely on your guidance on content, style and distribution.
What you’ll bring
With a strong track record of managing a multi-disciplinary team, you will have wide ranging experience of creating and delivering successful strategies and campaigns. Your skills should span copy and report writing, website and social media management, stakeholder engagement and project management. Experience in change programmes will be highly regarded.
Overall, you’ll be inspirational with colleagues, flexible in your approach and comfortable operating at Board level.
The essential requirements are:
● A minimum of five years’ communications and marketing experience in a similar role.
● Proven experience of delivering targeted, high-quality publicity, marketing and/or events activity on time and on budget.
● Ability to engage effectively with different audience groups and demonstrate constant awareness of the mood and motivation of staff, stakeholders and third parties.
● Ability to translate big ideas and visions into viable long-term implementation, linking strategy to operational activity and performance management.
● Extensive experience and track record of delivering communications and marketing in a large customer-led organisation.
● A track record of partnership working at the highest levels of an organisation.
● Extensive management-level experience of successful change management within a complex and demanding environment and a track record of delivery.
● Extensive experience of managing people and resources.
● A track record of working collaboratively in corporate management within a large multi-disciplined organisation.
● A successful track record of giving professional advice to, and building effective and productive working relationships with, people at all levels.
● Extensive experience of running successful campaigns that deploy the full range of marketing, public relations and public affairs techniques.
● Proven experience of working under pressure, meeting tight deadlines and working flexibly in response to changing circumstances.
● Extensive experience of corporate reputation management.
● Knowledge of evaluation techniques.
The desirable requirements are:
● Suitable qualification in marketing/PR or related discipline.
● Knowledge of the needs of stakeholders across large-scale regeneration projects.
● Copywriting experience (or strong capability).