Lead a Neighbourhood Management team to deliver the contract specification on behalf of the Group. Lead a team of housing managers and housing support to provide services including, but not limited to: general tenancy management, dealing with anti-social behaviour, undertaking estate inspections, operating a frontline reception service, void management, income recovery support, tenancy checks and fraud investigations. In addition, you will support the effective joint working between the Neighbourhood Management team and Pinnacle’s Caretaking Team, taking on the role of internal client to Caretaking Management.
Key Objectives / Responsibilities
- Work to the guidance of the Contract Manager
- Liaise effectively with the Performance Analyst and the other Area Managers
- Aspire to have the leading Neighbourhood Management Team on the contract, whilst working collaboratively across the contract to support your colleagues, so that we all succeed.
- Meet and where possible exceed KPI/MPI/financial targets set by the Contract Manager and the Client
- Deputise for the Contract Manager and Performance Analyst as and when required
- Train and develop Neighbourhood Management team members
- Proactively manage performance and conduct of your team in line with Pinnacle Values to provide support and encouragement as well as understanding how to appropriately address any concerns in line with the relevant procedure in a timely and professional manner liaising with HR where necessary.
- Inspire and motivate your teams through leadership and setting a good example
- Provide your team with practical guidance on casework and customer relations
- Ensure value for money
- Ensure continuous service improvement
- Hold regular team meetings which are purposeful, well prepared, engaging, informative and documented
- Hold regular 121s with individuals to ensure staff are able to discuss issues, are accountable for their performance and conduct, are supported and encouraged to progress.
- Develop approaches, systems and practices which ensure the service meets the contract specification.
- Develop effective relationships with residents, resident groups, the Client, and other stakeholders. Frequently meet stakeholders on an informal as well as formal basis. Attend meetings as required (usually evenings) and some weekend events.
- Work with residents, council departments and other agencies to develop initiatives to enhance the areas/estates managed by the team.
- Ensure that we respond effectively and promptly to all correspondence & complaints including councillor and MP enquiries ensuring that the quality of your written work is of a high standard in keeping with the Better Letters guidelines.
- Ensure the effective management of the team’s anti-social behaviour cases, including liaison with council departments and other agencies.
- Be the contract’s champion in responding to cases of domestic violence.
- Work with the contract’s rehousing team to let void properties within contract targets.
- Process tenancy queries, succession, and assignment applications in line with council policies/statutory guidelines.
- Ensure effective liaison between the village team and council departments/contractors on arrears management, and repairs and maintenance issues.
- Lead the development and implementation of service improvement initiatives to improve customer satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities and lead activities to market Pinnacle.
- Work as a member of the contract’s management team to meet or exceed the contract’s financial targets.
- Work as a member of the contract’s management team to plan, review and improve overall contract performance and improve customer satisfaction.
- Other miscellaneous tasks/projects as defined by the Contract Manager.
- Well developed leadership skills.
- Experience of managing a housing management team to succeed.
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of housing legislation and current practice.
- Experience of developing/contributing to community initiatives.
- Willingness to attend evening meetings.
- Experience in using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Desirable – housing qualification, CIH or similar.