The New Enterprise Allowance (NEA) is self-employment support for customers who want to start a new business or grow their existing business.
The NEA programme provides individuals who have an interest in self-employment all of the information and support needed to set up their own business.
Our support is provided by trained business mentors who’ll give you advice and support to help you set up your business and start to trade.
The New Enterprise Allowance in numbers:
Customers helped to develop a business plan
Customers helped to start trading
New Enterprises still trading
after 6 months
We can help you with:
- Developing your business idea
- Providing you with a dedicated mentor
- Creating a business plan and cash flow forecast
- Providing guidance to find the right funding where needed
- Building your confidence and motivation
- Setting realistic business goals
- Registering with HMRC
- Mentoring support up to 52 weeks of trading
How does it work?
- We assess your business idea at a one-to-one meeting
- An inspirational programme for up to 12 weeks
- We provide you with a dedicated business mentor providing tailored one-to-one support
- Attend Business and Marketing Planning and Financial Workshops
- Access to loan funding (subject to eligibility)
- Start Self-employment with a new business and receive financial support for the first 26 weeks
- Continued mentoring support for the first 52 weeks of trading