To start as soon as possible until 02/07/2019
Location: Ebury Bridge, West London
Reporting to: Engagement Manager
An opportunity has arisen to join our engagement team on Westminster’s high profile Ebury Bridge regeneration scheme. The successful candidate will receive first -hand experience of how a regeneration scheme is delivered during this important phase of resident engagement, design consultation and the development and implementation of social value initiatives.
Westminster Council has held long-term aspirations, to not only upgrade the physical buildings and public realm at Ebury Bridge, but also improve the overall quality of life for residents living there.
Since the cabinets approval to go-head with a complete renewal of Ebury Bridge Estate, the Community Engagement Team, will play an important role in helping the council deliver the project through the various steps of redevelopment and ensuring residents understand all aspects from seeking planning permission to procurement of a contractor.
The first stage of this process will begin as early as January 2019, with the demolition of the first block on the estate and erection of a temporary facility to benefit the community.
The successful candidate, along with the Community Engagement Team will work in partnership with our client to drive and deliver all these processes up until full demolition. We are therefore seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, driven individual to help co-ordinate and keep our team and
Key elements of the Engagement Co-ordinator role include:
- Work under the direction of the Westminster’s in-house regeneration team and with the support of the Pinnacle Community Engagement Team.
- Provide administrative support to the Ebury Bridge Regeneration team.
- Provide administrative support and help service the Community Futures Group (CFG) Westminster resident led steering group.
- Work with the Community Engagement Team to engage and consult with residents
- Co-ordinate and attend meetings with residents, the council and the Pinnacle team. This includes:
a. Booking and preparing venues
b. Drafting and sending invites/ organising diaries
c. Taking minutes
- Provide other administration support for the team, including
a. Following up emails, chasing responses and providing actions
b. Developing and distributing regular reports
- Taking on the role of office manager:
a. Ordering stationary and office refreshments
b. Co-ordinating repairs, liaising with contractors
c. Leading on health and safety
- Front of house support
- Maintain good working relationships and effective communications both internally and externally. Work collaboratively with staff across the wider engagement team.
- Maintain health, safety and security of self and others, with an awareness and commitment to good safe working practice and adherence to Pinnacle’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Follow Pinnacle’s equalities framework policy, acting in ways that support equality and fair opportunities for all staff and demonstrates an understanding of the benefits of equality and diversity.
- Carry out other duties as required by the Pinnacle Engagement Manager and Westminster’s Senior Regeneration Manager
Qualifications and experience
Experience – Essential
- Taking minutes
- 3 years working in a resident engagement role or similar
- Good IT skills
- Commitment to resident engagement and consultation
- Experience of working in social housing
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Ability to hit the ground running
Experience – Desirable
- Experience of performance monitoring
- Experience of working in an Estate Regeneration Environment
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation
- A good, demonstrable grasp of social media
- Managing a budget
- Have worked in a politically charged environment
- Educated to degree level or equivalent through experience
- CIH Level 3 or equivalent
- IOSH or equivalent
Planning and organisation
- Able to multi-task and juggle priorities.
- Plans and organises for the immediate and short term in line with corporate objectives and statutory provisions.
- Communicates simply and effectively.
- Can easily adapt to intense but vibrant work place culture.
- Proactively demonstrates commitment to and ownership of organisational initiatives and objectives through their promotion and effective implementation.
- Keeps up-to-date with professional knowledge, expertise and best practice.
- To be able to demonstrate the behaviours required outlined in the Living the Values section of the Pinnacle booklet (contact HumanResources@pinnaclegroup.co.uk for more info)
Communication and personal impact
- Presents a confident and assertive manner.
- Negotiates, persuades, influences and instructs as necessary, in order to achieve required results.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Awareness of and ability to navigate the spectrum of political sensitivities.
Focus on customer needs
- Responds in a consistent and professional manner to customers without prejudice or differentiation.
- Monitors team performance in line with defined project outcomes, ensuring information is appropriately recorded and analysed.
- Develops and maintains effective and appropriate working relationships with stakeholders and staff.
- Provide administrative support to the team, attending meeting to support client and team members in taking minutes arranging diaries and supporting the team to manage requests and workloads.
- Collating event feedback and managing data (in accordance with GDPR) and other personal information collected as a result of any door knocking activity and/or engagement event.
- Managing stock levels of supplies for office operation and events, health and safety reporting and ensuring the office is functional in a professional way at all times.
- Provide general admin support for events, getting the venue set up, taking notes at meetings (as directed), putting up posters on the estate.
Please provide a letter of application, no more than one side of A4, detailing your suitability for the role. We will also require your up to date CV. Queries and applications to be emailed to email@example.com
For further details contact Gelina.Menville@pinnacleregen.co.uk